How'd soccer recruiting go this year?
by Tex Francisco (2013-02-07 10:34:19)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Based on what I could find using Google, it seems the women's team landed its second straight top class, including the national player of the year. I couldn't find as much info on the men, but one website ranked them #10.

Men's official announcement here. Per ND, "well-rounded". (link)
by G.K.Chesterton  (2013-02-07 16:46:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

top drawer has them listed as the #3 class *
by sempernd  (2013-02-07 16:16:51)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chronicle lists one girl from The Woodlands as a ND
by TWO  (2013-02-07 16:10:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Soccer Signee....Kaleigh Olmsted. She didn't play HS soccer as a Sr. She strictly played club soccer. She's one of the best players in the Houston area, top 20 in Texas. Not sure where she ranks nationally.

No announcement yet on the the women
by saltwaterfarm  (2013-02-07 15:07:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That I can see but it looks like they did lose Toni Payne out of Alabama who was a longtime commit. Great player but there may have been have been issues with admissions. Some speculation on Big Soccer which is of course just speculation.
I think soccer only gets 11 or 12 scholarships so I am sure that many of the girls are on partial scholarships which can cause problems and issues of fairness etc etc etc

Upon further review...
by bigred 83  (2013-02-14 09:01:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You may have be onto something, Saltwater.

Well
by saltwaterfarm  (2013-02-15 10:02:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What I know is what I read on the recruiting thread on Bigsoccer. There are several posters on that site that seem to have very good information. It appears that Randy just could not get her in for some reason and it only came to light 3 weeks ago. Don't know if it was a Notre Dame issue or whether there were clear standards communicated that were not achieved. Anyway I expect that Randy really wanted her and fought for her.
Funny stat I found out is that the 25 percentile test score is actually higher for ND than Duke. ( undergraduate )

I doubt admissions was the issue
by bigred83  (2013-02-08 22:02:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Toni Payne is rumored to be headed to Duke, and so it's not likely that admissions at ND stood in her way. By the way, NCAA women's soccer programs have 14 scholarships to distribute.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.