WLax over Stanford 12-10. *
by leftcoastirish (2013-02-16 23:34:10)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

It seems like Halfpenny is proving to be a good hire.
by Tex Francisco  (2013-02-17 15:41:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know some here weren't impressed when she was hired, but it seems like the program has gotten quite a bit better since she arrived. Full disclosure, I'm certainly not an expert in NCAA W lacrosse, or lacrosse in general for that matter, so I'm mostly just going off of improvement in W/L record.

4 years ago we know Coyne was not a recruiter
by nova  (2013-02-17 19:11:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Halfpenny has been working at it. Contacts with major east coast areas are better. My wife and i know 2 prep players already on her radar in EMass...one a junior the other a sophomore at Amonte's alma mater, Thayer Academy

not really
by Melanzana  (2013-02-17 17:25:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her first ND team lost to Northwestern in the first round of the NCAA tournament. That isn't any better the past teams.

Maybe she'll end up being a good hire but it certainly hasn't been proven yet.

Northwestern has won 7 of the last 8 NCAA titles.
by Tex Francisco  (2013-02-17 18:05:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure losing to them is proof the program hasn't improved.

then how would you prove it?
by Melanzana  (2013-02-17 18:11:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Comparing the BIg East and NCAA results from 2012 to what the program did under Coyne, what suggests the program has improved?

Perusing the media guide, it appears
by Tex Francisco  (2013-02-17 18:32:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Coyne had some solid years mixed in with some mediocre years. In Halfpenny's first year the team seemed to show solid improvement compared to the previous two years. There's not a lot of data yet on Halfpenny, but the limited data there is seems to be positive.

northwestern is auto loss for anyone- we played them tougher
by dbcsmith  (2013-02-17 18:44:05)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

than previously northwestern is to women's lacrosse as unc is to women's soccer - no they are better in lacrosse than unc is in soccer.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.