27 matches
by alleghenyirish (2013-02-27 08:54:02)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to Olympic ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

last season Andres Villas Boas was sacked after 27 matches
after 27 matches this year AVB is ahead of Chelsea in 3rd place.

Hope you are enjoying your fat Spanish Waiter
COYS

Rafa out after the season (link)
by ndsdsub  (2013-02-28 01:05:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Shocker
by alleghenyirish  (2013-02-28 14:02:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When will Chelsea fans figure out the russian is the problem

Since Roman bought the club in 2003,
by Irishted  (2013-02-28 15:18:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1 European championship (and one other final)
3 league titles
4 FA Cups
2 League Cups

More success than any other English club not named Man United during the same period of time. To argue Roman's treatment of managers as disposable has kept the club from success is simply asinine.

Every other English club not named Man United would kill for that kind of "problem."

There's one club in North London
by santamonica  (2013-02-28 16:18:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that would love to have that kind of hardware.

any hardware *
by Irishlawyer  (2013-03-01 15:46:09)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hold on, is he a Fat Spainsh Waiter or Fat Spanish Toad?
by FtWorthIrish  (2013-02-27 18:48:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Or is he a combination of both? "Ribbit", would you like to hear about our Tapas speicals "ribbit"?

I would have thought the 'w' would be
by Mr Wednesday  (2013-02-27 19:53:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

"wanker" not "waiter".

Getting what they deserve
by CountyArmagh  (2013-02-27 17:16:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Firing AVB as well as DiMatteo were foolhardy.

Firing AVB was foolhardy?
by Irishted  (2013-02-27 21:53:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Heh.

After 40 games, yes
by CountyArmagh  (2013-02-27 22:23:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was the doing of Terry, Lampard and Cole.... childish brats that they are.

Now they are stuck with Rafa.

Right.
by Irishted  (2013-02-27 22:28:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just think how far they could have went in Europe if AVB would have been there.

You guys crack me up.

Well we will never know
by CountyArmagh  (2013-02-27 22:39:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Trigger happy Roman and his primadonna stars....who decided to play for RDM. Akin to the Steve Fisher effect post Frieder.

AVB seems to be proving himself quite well this year. I hope he's enjoying looking down on Chelsea in the table.

God forgive me
by HTownND  (2013-02-28 09:51:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But what in the hell are you talking about?

Seriously.

Let's take stock of this.

Spurs finished above Chelsea by 2 spots and 5 points last year.

So after a short time, AVB, just now, has Spurs, 1 point and 1 place ahead of Chelsea. I'll wager he doesn't finish two spots and 5 points better when it's all said and done. A regression after he took over.

Moreover, Tottenham has nothing going on worth reckoning. AVB isn't going to win anything of note this year. He's not going to win Europa, he's not going to win the EPL, he was bounced from the FA Cup by Leeds. Inter will most likely send them packing from a competition that no one gives a shit about. And he's 1 point ahead of Chelsea who have a lame duck manager.

But above all else, there is this:

which never would have happened in a million years with AVB at the helm.

So yeah, I don't miss him. I like AVB, I wish him well, but he's never going to be a Champions League winning type of coach.

Remind me how you thanked RDM for his Double? *
by alleghenyirish  (2013-02-28 14:03:50)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Chelsea fans everywhere now rue the day AVB was fired
by Irishted  (2013-02-27 22:49:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

because of the league table on Feb 27, 2013.

Don't know what you all are smoking, but I hope you think it was worth the money. It sure the hell is entertaining me.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.