ND receives $5.5M gift for new track & field stadium. (link)
by G.K.Chesterton (2015-09-17 14:08:10)

I see we won the Nat'l Catholic Cross Country Champ..
by TWO  (2015-09-21 13:47:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know we have a good cross country program. With the new facilities will they be making a bigger effort to boost the rest of the program up?

Just thinking aloud in response to your question
by Dude87  (2015-09-21 14:07:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Men's CC and track has limited scholarships, and very few if any full scholarships. In those cases, quality of education and the dedication of the school to the program seem to really matter. A new facility can't hurt with the later.

I believe the women's program has more scholarships available, but nice facilities again show a dedication to the sport.

Correct
by jclay  (2015-09-22 10:10:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Men get 12.6 for CC/Track
Women get 18 for CC/Track

For the National Catholic CC, I don't know much about the Men's team. For the Women's team Molly Siedel (10,000 M champion) did not run and I expect Anna Rohrer to get faster as the season progresses (ran 17:20, was 17:08 at the state meet, and 17:13 at Foot Locker-very tough course last year)