The WSJ this weekend had an article about her race
by G.K.Chesterton (2016-03-21 00:43:27)
Edited on 2016-03-21 00:44:20

In reply to: Molly Huddle places first in NYRR 1/2 marathon  posted by ndfaninkc

this weekend, including the goof at the World Championships last year. Glad to see this win because it should boost her confidence. It's probably pay-walled but here are the last three paragraphs:

------------------------

“Molly is not the kind of person who touts how good she can be. She likes to fly under the radar, which is something she cannot do right now,” said Treacy, who also coaches at Providence College. “She’s gotten better every year. She came very close last year at the world championships, and the Olympics are just a continuation.”

Treacy believes Huddle will finish in the top five in Rio, but he also knows she’s capable of reaching the podium. If she qualifies to compete in Rio, she’ll enter the field stronger, more experienced and better prepared than she was in Beijing. But whatever her fate this summer, Huddle intends to keep running in the 10,000m and beyond.

“2020 is realistic,” she said. “Obviously, I have to take care of my body really well. I’d be upset to retire before then.”