Irony: Erin Clark of CU is from Eugene, Or & top UO runner
by Domerduck (2016-11-20 12:33:54)
Edited on 2016-11-20 12:55:50

In reply to: Rohrer ran great....  posted by ErikND96

Katie Rainsberger is from Colorado Springs. She's a freshman at U of O, finished 4th behind ND's Anna Rohrer and had the race of her life after being sick at regionals (see article from Denver post attached). Erin Clark who was one of Colorado's top runners said the following in a different Post article: “I feel really awful right now because I didn’t do my job for this team today, and I wish I could have,” Clark, a senior from Eugene, Ore., said through tears. “The gun went off, and pretty quickly it went downhill from there. I don’t really know why. Within the first mile, something about my legs, they just felt so heavy.”

Colorado had been ranked #1 all year and Oregon was ranked #12, which by winning was the largest rise to the NC by a xcountry team ever. The previous record was set when No. 4 Georgetown won in 2011. Colorado had dominated Oregon at the PAC12 championships this year with 33 points where the Ducks had 88 points and were 4th (also behind Washington and Stanford)). Oregon actually qualified with an at large bid since Stanford and UW were the automatic qualifiers from the West regional. Colorado won the Mountain region to qualify, putting all 5 scorers in the top10.

Crazy result. Very unexpected.