ND grad Yared Nuguse broke the American Record ...
by Rocksteady74 (2023-06-15 21:44:56)

... in the 1500 meters today in the Oslo Diamond League meet. He finished third overall in a packed field.

Arguably the greatest 1500m race ever
by ClingII  (2023-06-15 22:17:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The top 6 all finished with Top 30 times...in world history. First time 8 men have broken 3:30 in the same race, previous high was 4 (I think).

Nuguse now ranked as the 17th fastest human in the 1500. He really ran a great race in the midst of the world's best. Ingebrigtsen is just so strong right now. Very exciting to see Yared develop into one of the all time greats!

Very impressive race. Thx for sharing the link. Nuguse
by Domerduck  (2023-06-18 18:28:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

hung on to get third. Last year here in Oregon at the World Championship Ingebrigtsen also broke 3:30 just ahead Ketir, Cheruiyot, Garcia, Kerr, and Kipsang in the Finals but didn't win as the Brit Wightman won Gold so he only got Silver. He was expected to win then so I am sure it was a relief for him to win on his home soul. Wightman didn't run this race in Oslo, but I assume he will defend his championship in Budapest in August.

Nared didn't qualify for the the World championship last year so it nice to see him now get the American record. Hopefully he can carry it over to the US championships which will be in Eugene early next month and qualify for . Budapest.