Noie's BB Chat is live now (link)
by ddc (2024-04-04 09:20:46)

Link (above) has complete transcript
by ddc  (2024-04-05 09:08:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For any that missed it

That Mike C guy was all over the place 👀
by montroy28  (2024-04-04 17:59:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seriously those two questions that got through were great. Loved the Digger stuff.

I hate that guy *
by El Kabong  (2024-04-04 19:41:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Self-loathing is an acquired skill. *
by knutesteen  (2024-04-05 01:05:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lots on Booth. Per Noie not NIL related. *
by beancounter  (2024-04-04 12:00:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I found Noie's response on NIL to be encouraging *
by garbageplate  (2024-04-04 14:04:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can you recap for those of us who missed it?
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-04 18:35:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Up until now, the chatter I’ve heard here and other places, is that donors are excited but not excited enough to open their checkbooks.

He said there’s enough to win and “max out”
by Garbageplate  (2024-04-04 19:31:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Noie also seems to be quite bullish on Shrewsberry. I left the chat encouraged about the direction of the program and our prospects of landing some quality players from the portal.

Sounds like there’s enough NIL to keep us in the mix, but…
by LateNiteNaugles  (2024-04-04 18:48:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If a kid’s first priority to is to max out his NIL opportunities, he’s probably not looking at ND and ND is not focused on him.

That’s my takeaway, at least.

The full chat is still out there via the link and it’s very well done. Huge credit to Noe…we’re fortunate to have a beat writer like him.

If a kid’s focus is NIL, he isnt going to an ND kid anyway.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-04 18:59:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I wonder what will happen if we can get some big signature wins in the next two years. Knocking off Duke or UNC in their building or making a Sweet 16 run. Will that change the math?

It’ll be interesting to see.

Something to remember re Booth
by El Kabong  (2024-04-04 12:06:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He originally committed to Penn State. He followed Shrews to ND, where he hadn't even been recruited, so he knew next to nothing about ND when he arrived back in June.

Frankly, this is a risk we run with any of the guys Shrews brought in last year, with the probable exception of his son. The guys who committed to play for him at PSU weren't necessarily prepared for the ND experience.

The PSU ties were Booth, Shrewsberry, Imes and Njie.
by revressbo  (2024-04-06 15:44:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Braeden coming to ND was obvious. Imes following Micah wasn’t a surprise at all since he’s from Zionsville. Njie played for Micah already so presumably knew his style.

It surprised me a ton when Booth followed Micah. I had kinda assumed he just chose PSU because his dad played there, not as much due to Shrewsberry.

It obviously would’ve been great if it worked out, but I don’t really think Carey leaving says much of anything about Shrewsberry/ND in the long-term. I don’t think it’ll be much of an issue moving forward beyond typical roster turnover in the Wild West of 2020s college athletics.

Absolutely correct and good for everyone to be reminded.
by chicos bail bonds  (2024-04-04 13:31:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought about this the other day as well. We were fortunate that some kids followed Coach Shrews but as you noted, they followed him and were not kids that were going to come to ND otherwise. It doesn't surprise me one bit to lose kids that might feel like it isn't the right fit for them.

essentially zero chance Booth returns per Noie. *
by Tex Francisco  (2024-04-04 12:02:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Also goes out of his way to say Booth is a good kid
by manofdillon  (2024-04-04 12:38:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not an academic issue, etc. Sounds like a situation where he followed a coach to a school he knew relatively little about, and it just wasn't a good fit. I wish him well.