Cary Booth interview. Comment on the decision to portal (link)
by coalcracker (2024-04-06 13:04:35)

This user did not provide content for this post

If you accept what Booth says about the "4 guard" offense...
by Lone Star Irish  (2024-04-06 21:27:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is that the preferred offense of Shrews? I kind of thought we were playing that way because we had to -- Shrews didn't have a choice considering our personnel last season. I think if Booth had stuck it out, that could have changed with portal additions and the incoming freshman.

He also says he is a "shooter." I'm not sure I saw that in his game last year.

If you watch the highlight video, more than 80% of the time
by Irishdog80  (2024-04-07 14:07:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

he is on the court with Zona or Njie. Maybe Shrewsberry wanted to play 4 guards more often, but Booth was usually on the court with a post player. The highlight video is also an excellent example of how misleading a highlight video can be. Yes it shows Booth's high ceiling, but not his current floor. I wish him well on his journey.

He shots 29.7% from three & 39.1 fgp. It did seem like his
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-06 21:53:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

three point shooting improved as the year progressed.

He shot 25% for threes in conference games...
by Lone Star Irish  (2024-04-06 22:14:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just looked it up. He is really going to have to work on that part of his game if he is going to be successful at any of the transfer schools he listed.

He will definitely need to work on it. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-06 22:46:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Illuminating exchange from Noie’s Chat re: Booth’s departure
by Georgia Hog  (2024-04-06 19:31:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. . . “Charlie from Chicago: Tom, you can just spell it out for everyone, Calvin Booth is too involved and forcing his son to transfer because of what NBA Scouts told him. Now that we got that out of the way...

Thomas Noie: Charlie: There comes a time where as a head coach, you need a little leeway to develop your guys the best way you believe they should be developed. Everyone's path is different. I'll let everyone read between the lines on this one...😃”

Agree. I found that very interesting. Compliments to
by Homeboy73  (2024-04-06 20:01:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arte Johnson.

Interesting. Didn’t think it was for basketball reasons.
by Freight Train  (2024-04-06 15:32:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Too bad. We really needed him.

Didn’t like the offensive system. Wants to play in a more
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-06 13:28:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

‘Grab & go, fast paced’ system. Good luck to him. He seems like nice young man.