I would guess Bellinger falls back a bit with his Avg this
by DomerJon (2024-02-26 21:59:22)

In reply to: I get it... yeah there was a lot of hullabaloo  posted by bizdomer09

year. But remember he did miss a month with the knee injury and still had solid power numbers. If he hits .275-.285 with 30 HR and 100-110 RBI I will call it a good season and a good deal. I don't buy the WAR numbers either, I am old school like Sprack on that one.

As far as PCA, he was a September call up that had 14 ab's and a very small sample. He probably can use another season in the minors but has shown some good power and is an elite fielder with speed to burn. He will be a very good player for years to come.

Re PCA
by bizdomer09  (2024-02-26 22:24:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not the results on those 14 ABs. Yes, that is an absurdly small sample. It's more the fact that he just looked like he was flailing at the plate. Some of those ABs were just ugly.

But... I believe Michael Jack Schmidt and Anthony Rizzo also looked overmatched in their initial call-ups, which were much longer than PCA's. And Seiya Suzuki flailed badly at the plate for a good month+ last season before he stepped up as one of the top hitters in mlb over the last couple of months. So I'm not reading too much into it, except that I'd like to see PCA get the seasoning he needs and come back up when he's ready, not because Tauchman starts struggling again and they're desperate. Bellinger gives cushion for that.