I don't claim to know many things...
by El Kabong (2024-04-17 10:55:05)

...but I'm 100 percent damn sure if the Blackhawks get the top pick again with their 13.5 percent chance and get Macklin Celebrini, the veritable whirlwind of non-Hawks NHL fans collectively losing their shit will be delightful.

Look, as long as it’s not Detroit, I’m good with it.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-18 12:26:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, some of the things they’ve done have bothered me. But not as badly as the the mere existence of the Red Wings bothers me.

Well the good news about Granger
by Leeroy_Jenkins  (2024-04-18 16:53:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is that I never had to actually see a Blackhawks fan before 2010. Pretty sure nobody even knew hockey was a sport around here. I actually did know one local who had a season ticket package. We used to always go for the Blackhawks and Wings games. It's unfortunate that we moved conferences. I miss the hate.

I miss the hate in sports in general. *
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-18 17:58:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Allow me
by Molly Maguires  (2024-04-19 09:55:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You should know by now that I don’t participate in this.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-19 10:44:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

For a wide array of reasons.

And you should know I'll never stop
by Molly Maguires  (2024-04-19 12:10:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So it all evens out

I’d never dream of asking you too. It’s part of your charm.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-19 12:30:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least we agree that Michigan sucks.

I hate the system they use.
by Leeroy_Jenkins  (2024-04-17 11:48:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't however have any doubt that Utah will win 1st overall this year.

The general angst against Chicago was more about moving way up in the draft when they were outside the top 10 which hurt teams that were legit bad during that window. I'm totally ok with the bottom 5 teams being a lottery for 1-5, but teams 6-11 weren't tanking to get draft picks. Things just happen to work out for Chicago meanwhile in Detroit...

Dropped 2 spots in 2017 from 7th to 9th
Dropped 1 spot in 2018 from 5th to 6th
Dropped 2 spots in 2019 from 4th to 6th
Detroit dropped 3 spots in 2020 draft from 1st to 4th
Stayed put in 2021 and 2022

The Hawks had the 2nd worst point total last year
by Lloyd Braun  (2024-04-17 15:08:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How is moving up to the number 1 spot moving way up?
And I 100% agree with El K.

Nope.
by Leeroy_Jenkins  (2024-04-17 16:41:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't have any issue with a bottom five team winning the lottery. But moving from 12 to 3 is just dumb. The gap between the bottom few teams and 12 is huge. The 12th team was a disallowed goal and Detroit not scoring with 3 seconds left away from being in the playoffs. There is no way Philly should even be able to win the lottery.

I'd prefer to just get rid of the lottery completely and raise the salary cap floor. Everyone drafts where they finished.

The most successful North American sport (NFL) = no lottery.
by OITLinebacker  (2024-04-25 06:04:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't quite understand why many of the others feel the need. There really should be a cap and a floor for salary without much space in between.