Post Reply to Jake's Field

This is not a vent board or any other kind of therapy. Before you hit the POST button, ask yourself if your contribution will add to the level of discussion going on.

Important notes on articles:

Handle:
Password:
Subject:

HTTP Link (optional):

Poster's Email (optional):

Post being replied to

Depends on where you are and what time it is by ShermanOaksND

UCLA is a bit closer to LAX and certainly closer to the ocean, assuming that's where you want to stay. But there are also plenty of nice hotels downtown, which is much closer to both USC and Dodger Stadium. One other factor: USC is readily accessible by subway (Expo Line); UCLA is not.

I've never been to Dedeaux Field at USC, where we play Saturday afternoon, March 9. Jackie Robinson Stadium, where we play UCLA Friday night, March 9, is nice, although it's a pretty long walk from there to the rest of UCLA's campus (you'd have to go under the 405 Fwy). It's been many years since I was at JRS, but parking shouldn't be a big issue.

LA traffic is hideous during Friday rush hour, and also can be bad on Saturday afternoons. It shouldn't be an issue getting to Dodger Stadium on Sunday morning.

I have an arbitration hearing downtown on Friday, so I'm more likely to go to the USC game Saturday and the OU game at Dodger Stadium on Sunday.

As I finished this post I became worried that the LA Marathon might be on that Sunday. Fortunately, it's the next Sunday, March 17. Bad news if you're an Irish marathoner in LA, but good news for those wanting reasonable hotel rates for ND's trip.