Parking is beyond messed up around campus this summer.
by OITLinebacker (2017-08-08 12:55:10)

In reply to: How hard would it be...  posted by Kayo

Crossroads construction plus all of the other work being done has made it a mess. It's one of the top complaints with faculty and staff as well and it's only getting worse as more lots are getting replaced with buildings. I live on the north end of downtown and there were some days this summer that I walked in to my office and made it to my desk faster than if I would have drove and then parked in the nearest lot not closed for construction and then either walked or taken a shuttle around from there.

It's almost to the point that I wonder if they wouldn't be better off putting a massive parking garage where the old St. Joe High School used to be and then have a very regular shuttle service around campus and then just close the lots off for more buildings and open quads. My guess is they'll be there within the next 20 years at the rate that the lots are getting torn up for new construction. I mean in 25 years or so you've gone from lots of greenspace parking around the stadium to only having a shrinking paved lot area south of it and the JACC. How much longer will that really last?

Replies: