Fantastic effort, especially at the X.
by Otter (2018-03-10 18:01:05)

They made Baptiste look merely very good, not dominant. That was the difference.

I'm still scratching my head about the lack of use of Ryder Garnsey. Something has to be going on, right? The kid almost transferred in the off season. Unless he is injured I can't imagine why he's not playing if not for a discipline issue.

That 45 second faceoff battle was awesome *
by flanner96  (2018-03-10 20:17:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope
by saltwaterfarm  (2018-03-10 19:17:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That they are saving him. Like Matt Cavanaugh he is a little guy and he plays a position where he gets hammered. Cavanaugh as a sophomore and partially as a junior he was dynamite. He was not the same player late in his junior year and his senior year because he was hurt. I am hoping that Corrigan is being judicious with Garnseys playing time in hoping to avoid injuries. If anything he is smaller than Cavanaugh. Just a thought

I do think they are saving Garnsey for the stretch run.
by irishdoc01  (2018-03-11 17:09:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He was beat up and ineffective as the 2017 season went on. By the end of the year he was the third best attackman on the team, behind Wynne and Gleason. I suspect Garnsey is on board with how he is being used, similar to the way he was used as a freshman. He is still on the #1 extra man offense and is on the field in crunch time. He wears his emotions on his sleeve and his body language does not suggest that he is frustrated. He's buying in. His health in conference play, conference tourney and hopefully NCAA tourney will be welcome improvement on last year.

I just can't see that being the case.
by Otter  (2018-03-10 23:35:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Unless Garnsey is hurt, is there any way he isn't pissed off about his playing time?

The kid was on the preseason All ACC team and he is barely playing.

If he is rehabbing an injury then the above is moot, but if he's healthy I would imagine he's not happy.

If he is healthy,
by Domer65  (2018-03-11 08:37:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

then he may regret not actually transferring to Virginia. If he is injured, I wish someone would make that known. Entering the season I expected him to be the leading scorer and a potential All American. Why is he not playing more?

During the broadcast Kessenich said something about
by flanner96  (2018-03-11 10:50:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...it being tough to play Garnsey and Gleason at the same time because they're both lefties, but even if that was true, if they're both that good you find ways to get them on the field.

CC is correct below.
by steelhop  (2018-03-12 09:21:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even though these guys can play with their stick in both hands, there are only a few guys that truly can dominate another player going to their weak hand. Hopkins has this issue right now where all 3 starting attackman are left hand dominate and it limits a little what they can do on offense.

You correct it by moving guys around from attack to midfield or running an attackman out of the box to get matched up on a SSDM.

As for why Garnsey isn't playing as much, I can't tell you because I haven't watched enough ND games yet this season.

Easy to play both when Gleason bumps to middie *
by Ccndbound  (2018-03-11 19:55:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post