More good news from ND Wlax. Lost 7-13 to High Point. *
by leftcoastirish (2018-03-14 18:47:32)

This user did not provide content for this post

Coaches Really Matter *
by Domer65  (2018-03-18 08:02:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Transition defense and settled offense are weak.
by irishbantam  (2018-03-17 14:35:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We have a lot of young players who can score goals. Talent is there. Watching the game now and it's clear what the issue is. The offense can't score when they settle so we go up-tempo. The defense can't stop a fast break. So pick your poison.

High Point's upcoming conference opponents
by soflalum  (2018-03-14 21:57:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

are Winthrop, Longwood, Campbell and Radford. Raise your hand if you have ever heard of any of those schools. Meanwhile, ND's upcoming ACC opponents are Virginia, Syracuse, North Carolina and Duke - with Michigan and Northwestern also on the schedule. How can you lose to High Point and expect to be competitive in big-time college lacrosse?

I can raise my hand
by jdnd  (2018-03-20 13:10:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

but only because my son goes to High Point! The men's team is usually very competitive. He plays club there; wish he could have played for the team.

The only one I hadn't heard of was Campbell
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-03-15 22:48:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and I probably just forgot about them. ND lost to Winthrop in a 5-12 game in the 2007 NCAAs. NB: I never have lived in the Southeast or on the Atlantic Coast.

Of course, your main point stands. ND WLAX is underachieving.

I have heard of all of these Carolina/Virginia schools!
by MPG  (2018-03-14 23:24:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Winthrop defeated the ND men in the NCAA basketball tourney earlier this century. Radford won a play-in game last night. And how can anyone forget the Campbell Camels? I don't have any trivia on Longwood, but it is certainly true that none of these schools are lacrosse powers. Losing to High Point, after losing for the first time to Va. Tech, and having to come from behind to beat Elon at home, are signs that a losing season is likely. As you noted, the toughest part of the schedule lies ahead.

I defy anyone to look at Halfpenny's resume
by MNG  (2018-03-14 22:40:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

before she was hired to coach at ND, and tell me that's the kind of coach a school hires if its serious about competing at the highest levels of women's lax.

Amen. Another Swarbrick dud. *
by Lone Star Irish  (2018-03-14 23:35:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just another great hire by Swarbrick *
by MNG  (2018-03-14 19:10:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post