USLaxMag says ND has toughest draw, questionable seed.
by Otter (2018-05-09 22:26:05)

From the website:

TOUGHEST DRAW

"The ACC tournament champions finished strong and are finally healthy on offense. But despite some favorable RPI and strength of schedule numbers, the Fighting Irish were dealt the number 7 seed and will have to face Denver in the postseason for the third time in four years. Get past the Pioneers and Kevin Corrigan's team could have to go through Albany to reach Foxborough.

Just about any path is going to be challenging, but Notre Dame certainly didn't catch a break with this bracket."

Later in the article under "Grading the Committee"

"While there were some quibbles with how the data was interpreted (with Notre Dame's seeding standing out)..."

Won the ACC but only partial members. They’ll never let up.
by 1NDGal  (2018-05-09 22:52:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

When has it not been this way for Notre Dame?

It's easy to make a case for the teams above ND
by ccndbound  (2018-05-10 13:48:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that they deserve higher seeds than ND. Despite ND's high SOS and RPI, ND has 5 losses, 2 of them are bad losses (Michigan and UNC) ND seems to be seeded correctly. The biggest issue is the NCAA's focus on travel/flights for first round games, thus having Denver travel to ND. It's a tough first round match-up, but if ND survives that, I think Albany is a winnable game.

Close to the exact attitude I have about it.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-10 14:40:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We made our bed.

I have no clue on Albany, though.

With regard to Denver - we should all be pretty familiar that we're facing one of the game's greatest coaches ever, one of the game's best FOGOs, and a school in Denver that loves having ND's number. We certainly have our work cut out for us, but teams win championships by beating good teams. We just gotta do it.

I think the biggest problem is Denver got under seeded too
by NDoggie78  (2018-05-10 18:03:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I realize they lost their conference tourney but they have been Top 3 ranked all year.

So if you go by current rankings (better than the committee), Notre Dame has to play #3 (Denver) for a chance to play #4 (Albany) - this should be a Final Four, not the 1st 2 rounds

Don't sleep on the Spiders** *
by ThePeoplesChamp  (2018-05-11 13:51:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good advice outside the lax world as well. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-11 14:47:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Porpoise versus Spider -- who wins? *
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-05-12 18:53:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Denver was over-ranked all year
by Ccndbound  (2018-05-11 09:48:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They really don’t have a great win. They should be 9-12 ranked, right where they are. The NCAA travel guidelines slot them to ND.

If we hadn't been a borderline NCAA team going into the ACC
by Rosecrea  (2018-05-10 12:16:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tournament, being a partial member wouldn't have been an issue. We had a couple of bad losses, including to Michigan for Heaven's sake.