It's easy to make a case for the teams above ND
by ccndbound (2018-05-10 13:48:08)

In reply to: Won the ACC but only partial members. They’ll never let up.  posted by 1NDGal

that they deserve higher seeds than ND. Despite ND's high SOS and RPI, ND has 5 losses, 2 of them are bad losses (Michigan and UNC) ND seems to be seeded correctly. The biggest issue is the NCAA's focus on travel/flights for first round games, thus having Denver travel to ND. It's a tough first round match-up, but if ND survives that, I think Albany is a winnable game.

Close to the exact attitude I have about it.
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-10 14:40:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We made our bed.

I have no clue on Albany, though.

With regard to Denver - we should all be pretty familiar that we're facing one of the game's greatest coaches ever, one of the game's best FOGOs, and a school in Denver that loves having ND's number. We certainly have our work cut out for us, but teams win championships by beating good teams. We just gotta do it.

I think the biggest problem is Denver got under seeded too
by NDoggie78  (2018-05-10 18:03:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I realize they lost their conference tourney but they have been Top 3 ranked all year.

So if you go by current rankings (better than the committee), Notre Dame has to play #3 (Denver) for a chance to play #4 (Albany) - this should be a Final Four, not the 1st 2 rounds

Don't sleep on the Spiders** *
by ThePeoplesChamp  (2018-05-11 13:51:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good advice outside the lax world as well. *
by Porpoiseboy  (2018-05-11 14:47:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Porpoise versus Spider -- who wins? *
by ShermanOaksND  (2018-05-12 18:53:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Denver was over-ranked all year
by Ccndbound  (2018-05-11 09:48:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They really don’t have a great win. They should be 9-12 ranked, right where they are. The NCAA travel guidelines slot them to ND.