ND's offense should have been prolific this year
by ccndbound (2018-05-14 14:53:59)

In reply to: ND’s Offense should be prolific next year.  posted by JMAC

Wynn will be a loss. I haven't seen anyone on A show that they will be an adequate replacement for him.

Willets and Drake. Hopefully Morin steps up.
by JMAC  (2018-05-15 01:39:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We should be better next year. No more excuses.

Willets didn't show that he can replace Wynne
by ccndbound  (2018-05-15 12:13:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mikey is 3rd all time goal scorer at ND. He is a natural finisher. Had 33 goals as a freshman, 40 as a sophomore. Willets had 4 goals as a freshman, 14 as a sophomore.

Losing your a career top 3 goal scorer and replacing him with someone who has 18 goals in 2 years doesn't sound "better" to me.

Willets played excellent end of the year.
by JMAC  (2018-05-15 17:09:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We shouldn't miss a beat.

Really?
by Ccndbound  (2018-05-15 17:27:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He had 5 goals in last 6 games (3 vs Virginia). None vs UNC, Army or Denver.

Maybe we have different definitions of “excellent”. To me, 5 goals in 6 games and 14 for the season (shooting 33%) isn’t excellent.