I've noticed a number of FBS programs only recently add
by tf86 (2018-08-09 16:45:25)
Edited on 2018-08-09 16:46:52

In reply to: For L'ville, Title IX numbers won't let them have a varsity.  posted by hoomanbeing

W Lax. In recent years, Akron, Arizona State, Central Michigan, East Carolina and Kent State all have added or will in the very near future add women's lacrosse programs. Unless these moves were necessary to correct an existing Title IX deficiencies, I would have to guess that all could add men's lacrosse programs as well.

Among non-FBS Division I schools, Butler, Dayton, Radford and Wofford all recently added women's lacrosse programs. I would guess that the Title IX issues for those schools all would be considerably easier without FBS-level football.

Those FBS schools probably did it to bring up their ...
by hoomanbeing  (2018-08-27 15:20:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

current Title IX numbers. It will be a while, if ever, before they have men's teams. Butler and Radford don't have foootball teams, so that helps their compliance. Butler had a men's team and dropped it in 2007. Dayton and Wofford have FCS (D-1AA) football teams. They have a 65 total scholarship limit that can be spread out over 85 players. They can give partial scholarships, while FBS (D-1A) can't.