Squash is not an NCAA sport. There are no scholly limits ...
by hoomanbeing (2018-08-27 15:10:28)
Edited on 2018-08-27 15:21:20

In reply to: I get that, but some quick search numbers  posted by NDoggie78

set by India-noplace. It does count against Title IX because the teams are now sponsored by the school and aren't club teams anymore. Men's rowing is not an NCAA sport, but if you have a varsity and not a club (like the Ivies and Syracuse) it counts against your Title IX numbers as well. We're not in Title IX compliance numberswise by any stretch. I think we're considered "OK" only because we have teams in everything people have asked for. About the only women's teams I can think of that we don't have are equestrian, water polo, bowling, and gymnastics.

Wasn't calling UVA out
by NDoggie78  (2018-09-17 10:03:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or ND for that matter. Only pointing out that Title IX numbers alone don't "appear" to be the reason Louisville doesn't have lacrosse. They would seem to be a natural fit to help get the ACC an automatic bid (probably not necessary).

The area has become somewhat a hotbed for lacrosse (not to the extent of the eastern seaboard - but growing)

I assumed squash wasn't an NCAA sport - only mentioned it because UVA's site did. Thanks for the further info.