All the games are the same as those I posted below
by ShermanOaksND (2019-01-11 16:47:34)
Edited on 2019-01-11 16:49:26

In reply to: Full Schedule is Out  posted by flanner96

except times have been added for the home OOC games.

Sat, Jan 26 -- AIR FORCE, noon ET (Exhibition @ Loftus)
Sun, Feb 3 -- Intersquad scrimmage, 11 am ET (@ Loftus)

Sat, Feb 16 -- DETROIT, 7:30 pm ET (@ Loftus)
Sat, Feb 23 -- at Richmond, noon ET
Sun, Mar 3 -- MARYLAND, noon ET (@ Arlotta, as are all other home games)
Sat, Mar 9 -- vs. Denver (Costa Mesa, CA), 10 pm ET
Sat, Mar 16 -- at Virginia, 3 pm ET
Wed, Mar 20 -- at Michigan, 4 pm ET
Sat, Mar 23 -- OHIO STATE, 1 pm ET
Sat, Mar 30 -- SYRACUSE, noon ET
Sat, Apr 6 -- at Duke, noon ET
Wed, Apr 10 -- MARQUETTE, 4 pm ET
Sun, Apr 14 -- CORNELL, noon ET
Sat, Apr 20 -- NORTH CAROLINA, noon ET
Thu, Apr 25 -- ACC Tournament (4 vs. 5 seed) at UNC, 6 ET
Sat, Apr 27 -- ACC Semifinals (4/5 vs. 1 and 2 vs. 3) at UNC, 2 and 4:30 ET
Sat, May 4 -- ACC Championship, at highest remaining seed, 2 ET

Hmm...did the ACC just go to the 2 weekend tournament
by Steelhop  (2019-01-22 15:34:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

this year? I am guessing they are doing this for RPI/SoS reasons.

Yes, this will be the first year for it
by ShermanOaksND  (2019-01-25 21:08:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not sure if the motive is to enhance RPI/SOS, or because the members didn't want the 5th place team to miss out on the tournament.

I suspect it is a little of both.
by Steelhop  (2019-01-28 11:09:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think the committee only looks at the top 10 (or 11 games) so pushing a game against a team with a low RPI out of that rated games and replacing that team with another game against a UNC or UVA so that is one reason.

I'd also guess that the coaches didn't like the idea that was done in the past were the 5th place team played a team like UPenn to prop up their RPI.

I also thought it was sort of weird to play their conference championship game a week before everyone else. Then they played another game after the conference tournament. I guess this doesn't change that too much just creates a bye weekend for the 3 teams no making the championship game. Not sure that is good idea either.

Hmmm, just wondering . . .
by tf86  (2019-02-11 12:54:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With the second weekend hosting only the championship game, will the three ACC teams that don't make the finals schedule games against Patriot League opponents, as has been the case in the recent past?

Probably not. So a lost weekend
by Steelhop  (2019-03-21 12:29:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Seems stupid on its face. Supposedly this change has already forced UVA and Hopkins to drop their games in the short term because of how the ACC schedule works out.