Only 3 undefeated teams right now
by Steelhop (2019-03-05 08:34:53)

In reply to: Back in the top ten. Guess who's number one? (link)  posted by jrdjr84

Weird season so far and demonstrates how talent has spread through out the men's game.

I think we are 2 goals away from being #1.
by Otter  (2019-03-05 14:41:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And two goals from being unranked.

If ND had beaten Richmond 9-8? ND would be 3-0 and likely #1 after beating formerly undefeated Maryland this past weekend.

And yet, if we had lost to Maryland in OT this past weekend? We'd be 1-2 and probably have fallen from 17th to unranked.

Crazy.

That's the way the entire season will go, I would expect
by ccndbound  (2019-03-06 13:30:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The difference between #1 team and #30 team is not that significant. Teams that can win 1 goal games consistently will rise to the top.

The MD win was huge - I'd even go as far as to say it saved ND's season. If they were 1-2 without any confidence, the season could have easily gone south. Glad to see they had the grit to win.