Irish beat Denver 10-7. Never really in doubt.
by Otter (2019-03-10 00:06:59)
Edited on 2019-03-10 09:19:34

Fantastic defensive effort by Notre Dame throughout the whole game. Schmidt was really good including a save with less than a minute left with Denver on the extra man again.

Notre Dame was good on face-offs. Denver was frustrated and took a lot of bad penalties. Tierney himself got an unsportsmanlike penalty for riding the officials.

As I said earlier, Denver’s offensive game does not do well with the shot clock. For years I’ve been frustrated with them taking three and four minutes on a possession. Tonight was fabulous to watch as they forced bad shots to try to beat the clock.

Costabile voted player of the game. This was the annual Pacific Coast Shootout in San Diego. Huge win

I kind of disagree with the doubt.
by Radi-skull  (2019-03-10 11:40:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

With the last seconfld goal of the half and the way Denver owned the third, there was doubt. Opening up the 4th with a score to pop the lead back out to 3 was crucial.

Consecutive wins over MD & Denver about as good as anyone
by jrdjr84  (2019-03-10 10:44:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

So far this year, arguably. Should be top 5 this week.

Not san diego; costa mesa in orange county
by Ocdomer78  (2019-03-10 03:24:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Otherwise correct

ND looked solid on face offs. *
by MobileIrish  (2019-03-10 00:12:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Remarkable turnaround from ~2 years ago
by 105Marquette  (2019-03-11 14:10:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Denver had that FOGO guy that was a friggin' faceoff machine, and ND was getting smoked on faceoffs.

The turnaround really isn't on ND's end
by ccndbound  (2019-03-11 15:49:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Baptiste was arguably the best in NCAA history. ND struggles to get to 50% on FOs every year.

That is really the question. Is it just Baptiste leaving?
by MobileIrish  (2019-03-11 15:56:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope it is improvement by ND as well as regression by Denver. I am not knowledgeable enough to know for sure.

It's primarily Baptiste leaving
by ccndbound  (2019-03-12 10:25:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND struggled in face offs vs. Maryland. ND is winning less than 50% of FOs this year. The shot clock rules are certainly helping ND since teams can't stall as much and limit ND's possessions.

Brutal harassment of DU when ND didn't get the F/o straight *
by jrdjr84  (2019-03-10 23:08:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pacific Coast Shootout Champs - 2019 *
by Otter  (2019-03-10 00:08:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post