I like matching up against a team we played poorly against.
by jrdjr84 (2019-04-20 19:19:14)

In reply to: Irish win 12-10. 3rd seed vs Duke in ACC tourney *  posted by Otter

We should have an edge. At least we better.

Seems like Gleason asserted himself as a leader today. That's what this team needs IMHO

Respectfully disagree - Duke is worst match-up in the ACC
by ccndbound  (2019-04-22 10:57:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They have the 2 best poles in the conference and they did a great job shutting down Costabile and Gleason last game. Unfortunately, I expect more of the same Saturday.

Their offense moves the ball very well and hit the back side of the D several times for easy shots last game. It was the only time all season our D seemed over-matched.

ND usually does well in ACC tourney, so hopefully that trend will continue, but this is the toughest match-up for them.

I agree on how Duke shut down Costabile and Gleason, BUT
by Fightorflight  (2019-04-22 23:12:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

we showed some new offensive schemes against UNC, particularly with much higher ball screens for Costabile to try and create a defensive switch so he gets a short stick. Also some nice plays designed for Willets to take advantage of his size near the crease when marked by a short stick. I think it was a recognition of how stagnant and pathetic our offense was against Duke the first time, and I think the changes addressed some of the glaring weaknesses of that game plan. I am cautiously optimistic.