Some Truths
by Fightorflight (2019-05-18 21:49:15)
Edited on 2019-05-18 22:38:09

1. That was a hell of a game. A horribly painful loss for the players involved.
2. That was a ward by Robertson to get the extra room just prior to the final shot.
3. No reason to put a short stick on him though.
4. I have no answer for why we didn’t put a long pole on Montgomery. He was a mismatch.
5. Garnsey is so special, if he had a full year to gel in games, this game would have turned out differently.
6. Ballsy move by Danowski to switch up the face-off personnel. Could have blown up in his face.
7. An unbelievable game or runs. The team and the coaching held together and kept fighting.
8. The biggest coaching miscue was when Schmidt was in trouble with the ball and Corrigan failed to call a time out and the pass went out of bounds. That was the only true coaching failure.
9. Many want to blame coaching overall, and my biggest complaint is with the defensive game plan, but Duke creates some interesting matchup choices. That is the beautiful thing about lacrosse. Offensive plays will always be made by finding and exploiting a mismatch if you have the right players. We did it over and over with the talent of Garmsey just creating, by Costabile being Costabile, and frequently finding Wilets when Duke was paying so much attention to our big hitters.
10 Lacrosse is a great game. This was a truly beautiful lacrosse game to watch. Losing sucks ass.

On #5
by tf86  (2019-05-20 15:09:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Garnsey had been able to play all season, we wouldn't have gotten the #7 seed, and this game would have been played, if at all, much deeper into the tournament.

On 3
by ndirish2000  (2019-05-19 10:40:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You obviously have to put a short stick on someone, and Danowski was smart enough to have some with a short stick on them go below GLE(we weren’t on our final possession in regulation). My issues are:
1. McCahon has played O Middie all season. Why was he out there.
2. Restic has to know that there is no time on the shot clock and we have a mismatch. He has to slide early. They probably didn’t have time to complete a pass and shot. The slide never came

A short stick has to be on someone, BUT
by Fightorflight  (2019-05-19 11:38:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I do not understand given the game situation why you don’t assign a long pole to whomever is restarting play. I don’t think the matchup matters in that situation with where the shot clock was.

On 8. Time outs can only be called on your
by steelhop  (2019-05-18 23:15:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Offensive side of the field. You can’t call timeout when the ball in in play with possession and on your defensive side of the field.

Did not know that difference between high school and college
by Fightorflight  (2019-05-19 11:34:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks for informing me.

It's been a rule in college for 5-6 years.
by Steelhop  (2019-05-19 16:40:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Changed

Schmidt had more room to maneuver than he thought he did
by flanner96  (2019-05-19 00:07:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...you could see after the game how hard he was taking the loss.