The one team that beat UVA this year at UVA also beat anothe
by jrdjr84 (2019-05-27 22:32:32)
Edited on 2019-05-29 13:46:29

Final Four team on the road, but did not make the NCAA tournament. High Point had an incredible season but after losing to Richmond in the SoCon final did not get a bid. I know, I know - losses to St. John's and Jacksonville. - but for the lax tourney to be more fun IMHO, mid majors with big wins need to find a way into the field. High Point had two of the best wins of the entire season...

Agree with your last sentence, but . . .
by tf86  (2019-06-19 09:34:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think if you were going to make the case for a team that missed the field being in, you have to go with Cornell over High Point. 10-5 overall record, with wins against us and Towson. All losses came to teams in the NCAA tournament (Penn State, Syracuse, Penn and Yale twice).

As to your last sentence, I think the key could be more conferences adding the sport. If two more conferences got AQ bids, that would up the total to 11. In that event, I think they'd expand the NCAA tourney to 24 teams, which means more at-large bids available.