Welp, I guess I was wrong.
by steelhop (2019-07-01 08:33:14)

In reply to: Given the time since this post, I doubt it happens. *  posted by Steelhop

Though I’ll admit the longer the delay, the longer it seemed like a deal was being put in place for his wife. Note, I have no idea if any deal was made for his wife’s practice only that would be a huge issue.

Since Dr. Byrne
by TWO  (2019-07-01 15:47:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

works in a group practice, the move might be less of a problem even if she is a partner in the practice rather than an employee.

I'd guess, even as an employee, she made more than
by Steelhop  (2019-07-02 14:11:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

him. Even with his new job, she was probably compensated better in South Bend than he would be as HC lax at Harvard. So, the issue with this type of move is whether it made financial sense to them (he was essentially offered the same job 6-7 years ago at Harvard and turned it down) and Harvard probably worked with the hospital side to make it work financially. It wouldn't be hard, I know a couple of doctors that work at Harvard Hospital and even in the lower compensated groups, they are doing okay for themselves.

Harvard Hospital? Never heard of it. *
by ccndbound  (2019-07-15 14:54:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post