Byrne leaving is AWFUL for ND.
by Jmac76 (2019-07-01 16:44:26)

Many former players know he is the reason ND has been so competitive. I have no faith in J.S.

Is Ryan Wellner from Navy a capable replacement? *
by Indy77  (2019-07-07 16:05:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes. He is well respected. Rumors were that many
by Steelhop  (2019-07-08 16:27:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Navy Lax fans wanted him to replace Sowell. He is good recruiter.

I wish him well.
by Porpoiseboy  (2019-07-03 12:11:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Harvard isn't the worst destination for him. If ND has done its job, perhaps we can lure him back when the time comes.

I'm pretty sure he loves ND and would take the head job
by basicbasket  (2019-07-05 10:28:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

if offered. But things change, Harvard/Boston is nice, who knows. A big blow to the program for sure.

But you had to expect it
by tf86  (2019-08-07 09:47:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If Byrne wanted to be a head coach, his window of opportunity was rapidly closing. I would love to seem him succeed Corrigan here, when the time comes. But there's only about a 3-year age difference between Corrigan and Byrne, so perhaps that isn't in the cards.

And while I'm no expert on the subject, I would say that at first glance, Notre Dame came out from this about as well as could reasonably be expected. We landed Wellner, a highly-regarded assistant who could be a HC sooner rather than later, to replace Byrne. And we also added Wojcik, who has HC experience and probably could be expected to replace Wellner should Wellner get a HC opportunity after next season.

Swarbrick presumably has little role in finding replacement
by SavageDragon  (2019-07-02 08:43:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Perhaps finding a way to pony up the money to hire a new top assistant, but that's about it -- one must assume that Corrigan will be the one to seek out and hire Byrne's replacement.