Men beat Cleveland St. 17-7. *
by leftcoastirish (2020-02-15 17:35:27)

This user did not provide content for this post

Sure Was Good To Have a Kavanagh Back on the Turf
by dillon77  (2020-02-15 18:10:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

3 goals (could've been more), 4 assists. Like his demeanor, not to mention the way he drops his shoulder on the sidearm ;-)

And his Chaminade HS (and U.S. Nat'l Team) teammate Liam Entenmann looked steady ...and tall...in goal. So tall, he brought back thoughts of Scott Rogers.

Good start...let's see how they do against Richmond.

If Entenmann can provide the goalie play that Scott R and
by MPG  (2020-02-17 14:04:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the Kemps provided, this ND team could go far this season. I have heard that the two new assistant coaches have brought some positives to the program.

Wojcik Is Doing Something New for the Irish....
by dillon77  (2020-02-17 16:47:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He is serving as the offensive coordinator for the Irish, which is what is listed in his bio and referenced by the commentators during the game.

To the best of my knowledge and memory -- and I invite anyone to please tell me I'm off here -- this is the first time Coach Corrigan has ceded game planning and control to one of his assistant coaches. He's acted as his de facto offensive coordinator, while Byrne was the defensive general.

To my view, I view this as a good move. Most of the Irish's top rivals have dedicated offensive coordinators so HC's can overee the whole program, make strategic moves during games and, of course, manage the clock. At this stage in his career, why not try a different approach, particularly with Gerry Bryne leaving. Shake it up a bit.

I saw a few sets during the game that I've never seen before Nothing off the wall, but both resulted in good shots.

Of course, it helps to have someone like Pat Cavanagh, who can run plays and/or create on his own.

Stay tuned.

Both Men's and Women's move up in the polls: men's a bit, women right up to #2.

Buchman status?
by Morrissey79  (2020-02-18 16:44:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Does anyone know how Quentin Buchman is doing? I know that he was injured last year but he was on of our highest rated recruits and wondered whether he is contributing. Thanks.

According to the Scoresheet, He Played On Saturday
by dillon77  (2020-02-19 09:56:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..but he's not on the top two lines that I saw/heard during the broadcast. Since he didn't see any action last year, he's pretty much a freshman, so he's joining the backlog of middies. Let's see what happens.

Thank you *
by Morrissey79  (2020-02-19 14:17:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post