Wojcik Is Doing Something New for the Irish....
by dillon77 (2020-02-17 16:47:39)
Edited on 2020-02-18 09:32:15

In reply to: If Entenmann can provide the goalie play that Scott R and  posted by MPG

He is serving as the offensive coordinator for the Irish, which is what is listed in his bio and referenced by the commentators during the game.

To the best of my knowledge and memory -- and I invite anyone to please tell me I'm off here -- this is the first time Coach Corrigan has ceded game planning and control to one of his assistant coaches. He's acted as his de facto offensive coordinator, while Byrne was the defensive general.

To my view, I view this as a good move. Most of the Irish's top rivals have dedicated offensive coordinators so HC's can overee the whole program, make strategic moves during games and, of course, manage the clock. At this stage in his career, why not try a different approach, particularly with Gerry Bryne leaving. Shake it up a bit.

I saw a few sets during the game that I've never seen before Nothing off the wall, but both resulted in good shots.

Of course, it helps to have someone like Pat Cavanagh, who can run plays and/or create on his own.

Stay tuned.

Both Men's and Women's move up in the polls: men's a bit, women right up to #2.

Replies: