This year could be a rebuild
by Otter (2020-03-11 10:36:54)

First, I'm bummed out at the lack of activity on this board. If you lurk, try to pipe in so we can get an idea of who is following this team?

1) We are getting crushed on faceoffs. Leonard was All ACC last year but over the last two games he looks incompetent. I thought the freshman from Denver was superior (and he probably is) but we didn't look great against Ohio State either. Stats don't completely tell the tale either because we sole the face off win after OSU FOGO lost the ball more than we won it cleanly. We won it clean maybe 2 times? Also, Leonard made some terrible decisions after winning some faceoffs including a crucial mistake throwing a cross field pass out of bounds.

2) Goaltending: We replaced Schmidt with Entemann for a reason. I'm not sure I'm seeing it right now. We have been outplayed in goal the last two games.

3) Offense: We are sputtering. Costabile is having trouble getting his hands free and is being doubled. He's still the main option but we need more. Jackaboice looks good. Kavanaugh is talented but inconsistent. We are missing finishers like Ryder and Mikey Wynne.

4) Ground balls are a weakness but that isn't new in my mind.

We have played two good teams so we can turn it around. But the last two were not fun to watch with second half collapses.

Replies: