Additonal Thoughts
by dillon77 (2020-03-11 12:16:15)
Edited on 2020-03-11 12:18:19

In reply to: This year could be a rebuild  posted by Otter

1) Completely agree on faceoffs. It was worse than the statistics.

One of the biggest WTF's of the game was when Leonard won the faceoff with us up 11-10 and went to goal. He passed on shooting but then threw an ill-advised pass out of bounds. Why not just keep running and take it around to burn clock?

2) "Stop fouling." Ohio State went 6-6 on extra-man opps. Leclaire got what...4...of his goals on man-up and he was wide open on most of those. Some degree of adjustment or even paying attention to where he was?

3) While ground balls were equal, I completely hear you. Been a bugaboo of mine for years with this team.

4) On the positive: our defensive middies (short- and long-stick) are beyond fast. They glide and have smooth acceleration. That said, let's put it on net.

5) I thought Entenmann mades some remarkable reaction saves yesterday but, yes, did give up a chippie or two. There was also one goal where a single wing dodge got a middie on-cage with no slide in sight.

6) Willet's seems to disappear at times. Is he being rotated in? Would like to see him set up more. Yes, I know he's somewhat limited, but varying his positioning could address that.

I'm watching this team, as well as the women's team (both my girls played high school and AAU lacrosse). Now that the Women's Hoops Team has its season end earlier than usual, I'll have more time to watch and post on lax board.

Replies: