I'll chime in
by Lambconnection (2020-03-12 12:33:10)

In reply to: This year could be a rebuild  posted by Otter

I often lurk but don't post as much because there's less activity back here. I try to watch the games as often as I can get them, but I haven't been able to watch as closely this year (blame my 11 month old daughter).

From the limited amount of time I've been able to watch, it seems like we are lacking in offensive weapons. In the past we've had at least two or three middies and two attackmen that we could count on to finish fairly regularly. It seems like right now we are down to Costabile most of the time and he too often takes that as a signal that he needs to take the whole team on his shoulders. He's a great player and seems like a good leader, but he can't do it on his own. I feel like we are particularly weak at attack without Mikey Wynne and Ryder Garnsey. I'm not sure who our main guys are attack this year because I haven't been able to pay enough attention, but we need guys who can get open for the quick feeds from the middies and then finish.

It also seems like our defense, which has been our strongest area in years past, has been lacking. I'm not sure who we have there now, but the sliding and awareness needs to improve if we are going to be competitive in the ACC.

I'll try to check back here more often and contribute more. Lacrosse will likely always be my favorite sport to watch. It would be a shame if our team became unwatchable.