I agree for most of what you say.
by Steelhop (2020-04-15 09:07:34)

In reply to: Not surprising other than I agree Covid might have given him  posted by RagingBull

It will be interesting to see where it goes. My only real disagreement is with saying Tierney is a coaching class act. IMHO, he one of the biggest whiners out there though his sideline schtick seems to be more of a force against the refs where Petro was split more between the refs and the players.

Fair point. I haven't spent too much time around him.
by RagingBull  (2020-04-15 11:38:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His reputation has certainly enhanced his arrogance and demeanor around referees.

Danowski and Starsia remain the gold standards as far as gentleman coaches. I hate Duke but would play for Danowski in a heartbeat.

Danowski Is the Real Deal...
by dillon77  (2020-04-15 12:19:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I've had the pleasure of running into him around Hofstra's stadium (I believe he's still keptShis house on Long Island) and have chatted briefly with him.

Approachable, straight-forward, good Long Island wit (I'm a native Long Islander).

Like you, Duke is a four-letter word by Danowski is a coach to be admired.

Agreed with you both; I'd add Tambroni (Cornell-> PSU) too *
by Irish2003  (2020-04-25 17:10:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good to hear. Hofstra Stadium is one of the best venues for
by RagingBull  (2020-04-16 07:23:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lacrosse.

Danowski was a perfect fit for Duke post-scandal. I have great respect for Corrigan and he knows the game well but I often think about Danowski's calm demeanor on the sidelines as part of the reason they have found a lot of success.

Completely Agree
by dillon77  (2020-04-16 13:37:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not that he's stoic, but he pays attention to what he's got to be doing.

Another thing I like about him is that his teams get better as the season progresses. Finishes strong.

As for HOfstra, I agree. Great place to see a game, whether a high school championship or an NCAA playoff game. One of the best atmospheres I was ever in was the ND-Albany game that Matty C. won for the Irish. Tons of Albany fans, tons of Irish fan, tons of Matt C. fans (who gres up a long shot from there) and all of them huge lax fans. From the mid-third quarter on, the game was a rush.