Ferrum eliminating lacrosse and baseball
by Steelhop (2020-05-19 11:20:51)

Not surprising some schools are going to take this action. I thought Ferrum's baseball was a small powerhouse.

One possible addition down the road
by tf86  (2020-07-23 20:17:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Central Michigan. They recently received a two-year waiver to operate with five Division I men's athletics teams, one below NCAA minimum. They'll need to add a sixth men's program after two years. By that time, COVID concerns could be a thing of the past, and they recently added women's lacrosse.

One caveat: they're dropping men's track and field over COVID concerns. But it wouldn't surprise me if they reinstate it eventually. They already have a cross-country team, and with NCAA scholarship limitations, it is not terribly expensive to operate both sports in conjunction with one another.

Furman. A D1 program. They were making strides.
by RagingBull  (2020-05-19 17:17:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Despite so much High School lax talent it’s tough to maintain lacrosse. Furman joining the ranks of dead D1 programs below. More to come after Covid cuts.

NC State
Michigan State
Butler
Boston College
New Hampshire
UConn
Radford
Bowling Green
William & Mary
Morgan State

Add Presbyterian to your list *
by tf86  (2020-05-28 23:09:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post