MLAX: Syracuse coach John Desko feeling some heat
by Otter (2021-05-03 10:54:46)

As posted below by Flanner 96. The murmuring has started getting louder. Syracuse is one of the bluest of the blue bloods. Desko won 5 National titles as a coach (imagine that run?) but the last one was in 2009.

He's always annoyed the tar out of me but part of that might be that I equate all things Syracuse with Jim Boeheim. Desko is actually pretty complimentary of ND after two total beatdowns this season.

Syracuse lax is a bit like ND football. Just making the postseason isn't good enough. I suspect he will decide when to retire on his own. Five titles isn't nothing.

Chase Scanlon was arrested today
by naptown  (2021-05-07 15:56:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for a "domestic-related incident" and has been charged with criminal mischief according to Syracuse Police. They play Robert Morris at 4pm today.

Scanlon had already been suspended for this
by okerland  (2021-05-07 17:21:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There are rumors that the team wanted Scanlon gone after the incident but Desko put him back on the team.

Some of the other rumors are that the Syracuse AD
by Steelhop  (2021-05-12 09:11:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

force Desko to reinstate Scanlan on the view that Scanlan playing on the team was protected under Title IX. I have no idea if that is true or Desko is putting it out there over the decision or he fell on his sword to cover over the AD's decision. Don't know but it is an ugly story.