Duke Women Get Absolutely Perplexing #7 Seed....
by dillon77 (2021-05-10 10:23:24)
Edited on 2021-05-10 13:49:24

In reply to: WLAX: 5th Seed/same bracket as #4 Seed BC, #1-UNC, #2 NW  posted by Domerduck

..over Stony Brook. Blue Devils have no wins over seeded teams. and this seems to be a year when all concerned decided that numbers were ok to use or just rely on eye test and talk around the table. The committee chair cited "they played well" in defeats. Huh? To get seeded?

Well, in any case, regardless of #7 or #8 seeding, they end up playing Northwestern or North Carolina. Good luck to them and Stony Brook.

I've attached an article which goes into detail...

BTW, ND got seeded pretty much where I expected, given their record.

My gripe with the Irish this season isn't with the NCAA committee, it's with the ACC. I understand a lot of scheduling was done to cut down on COVID exposure. How was it that ND had not one, but two away doubleheaders against teams that ended up seeded in the Top 4? And had no doubleheaders scheduled in South Bend?

My biggest concern with the Irish right now is that Andie Aldvive is still not close to 80% (shows on faceoffs) and Sam Lynch is out, who was the Irish best creator.

Defenses are just pinpointing Ahearn and Choma now and daring Howe to score 8 goals.