Perhaps ND shouldn’t play Loyola in sports for the next…
by Hickster (2022-05-09 22:29:13)
Edited on 2022-05-09 22:37:14

decade.

I do not like the idea of undermining another Catholic school, however Donna Woodruff (Loyola AD), Chairperson of the Selection Committee, allowed this travesty to happen. Perhaps, she was rolled by the rest of the committee, but then this shows how weak she is as a leader. If there are any games scheduled, then they should be immediately cancelled.

The only way for Loyola to avoid this action is if she had a sit down with ND’s Wimpy AD, and explained she was trying to get ND in due to performance (not Catholic affiliation), but was overruled by the rest of the committee. She should not have to provide other committee names, which would an ethics violation by both ADs. Some might say that her taking that action may also be an ethical violation, because she didn’t stand behind the committee’s decision, even if she didn’t agree. I have mixed feelings regarding this action. However, even the Supreme Court can have one of the Justices write a dissenting opinion.

Actions or lack of action, can have consequences.

Thoughts?

That begs a question, however
by tf86  (2022-05-10 12:02:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

How often does ND play Loyola in any sport? I ask because I don't know.

We used to play in MLAX pretty much annually
by flanner96  (2022-05-10 13:35:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...I think 3 or 4 years ago they were on the schedule for men's hoops.
They're my dad's alma mater and have always been the "real" Loyola to me, instead of all these other wannabes around the country. :)

That said, if my dad were still with us, he' be calling for the AD's head too.

WTF did Breschi do?
by JMAC76  (2022-05-09 23:49:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bubba and Jimmy should clip his nuts if he voted against ND and Duke. He needs to explain. I’m but unconvinced that asshole pushed OSU.

Some bullshit happened and I can’t wait it hear it. But once again JS has no fucking balls. Nothing from him. Pussy.

Saw some anonymous grumbling on Twitter...
by flanner96  (2022-05-10 11:36:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...that Breschi doesn't like Corrigan? I have no idea if that's true, but maybe some here have some insight on whether there is anything to that.

Apparently resents ND from OSU days. *
by basicbasket  (2022-05-10 12:19:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If it's anything like football committee, he had to abstain
by NDoggie78  (2022-05-10 09:18:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But it was only a 5 person committee, so that would be stupid too

Who picks this committee? Why only 5? Why not separate committees for men and women (so the committee might actually watch games)? Why aren't rankings from those who DO watch games not used?

I believe there were separate committees. *
by Slotts  (2022-05-10 09:57:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post