OSU and Harvard were beaten easily today
by JMAC76 (2022-05-15 18:59:00)
Edited on 2022-05-15 18:59:51

And Maryland plays Virginia next weekend. Could this tournament be seeded any worse?

Carc Was Adamant on Behalf of ND
by dillon77  (2022-05-15 22:33:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..during his broadcast. And he said they should've been in there instead of Harvard, to be specific. Given how OSU collapsed against Cornell, one could make the argument that Irish would've slotted ahead of them, too. Then again, that's what Inside Lacrosse thought should've happened.

#hoyachoka *
by JMAC76  (2022-05-15 22:23:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and Yale beat St Joes by 2 and Penn over Richmond by one
by Melanzana  (2022-05-15 20:32:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Way to go, Committee!!

Blue Hens Just Beat G'Town on Goal with 8 Seconds Left
by dillon77  (2022-05-15 22:31:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Delaware will now play Cornell.

Blue Hen goalie was red hot.

Seeding
by domer65  (2022-05-15 20:32:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It appears that the seeding was done in an attempt to insure that an Ivy Team would make it to the finals - where hopefully they will be destroyed. Notre Dame and Duke both should have been in this tournament. There are a couple of teams that were selected for this tournament that had no business being there. Some of them are no longer there.

Follow the money
by kjadoc  (2022-05-17 07:38:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Attendance last year was low, compared to most years pre-pandemic. Weekend featured the ACC, not a big draw in New England. By choosing a bunch of schools within a couple hours driving time or less, I think they were more concerned about attendance than propriety. Would have been interesting if game was in Baltimore or Philly to see what the draw would have been

14 of 18 teams within an hour of I-95....
by flanner96  (2022-05-19 19:39:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

....two more within about 200 miles.

I need some reparations, I've been to two championship games
by Slotts  (2022-05-17 09:27:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in Baltimore in which we lost to Duke both times.

Ditto. Also in Philly for the OT Loss to Denver *
by dillon77  (2022-05-18 06:51:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The OT loss to Duke in Baltimore was brutal. Blink and you
by Slotts  (2022-05-18 09:13:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

missed it. On the bright side, however, my family was at the 2004 women's soccer national championship in Cary, NC.

Things Balance Out. I was at the Guy's Soccer NC in Philly
by dillon77  (2022-05-21 08:54:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..versus Maryland. And the brutally cold semi-final win against New Mexico (State?).

I'm still kicking myself for not going to that. *
by Slotts  (2022-05-22 08:19:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post