Some random day after thoughts
by flanner96 (2023-05-30 23:16:21)

Apologies to Kayo, Bacchus and Taxman.

1) Holy Shit. It actually happened.

2) Just watch this faceoff again

3) Liam F'ing Entenmann. Just as impressive as his play yesterday was his command of the game. He got in guy's faces at the right time, but also kept them calm at the right times too. The growth in his leadership and the mental part of the game helped him play at that amazing level.

4) So many other heroes this weekend too. The depth was on full display, and we needed all of it with PKav and CKav.

5) They've been awarding D1 championships since 1971 and we're only the 12th school to win one. I hope that number keeps going up, because it means the game is growing. Our winning can only be good for the game overall.

6) Someday, it should be Corrigan Field at Arlotta Stadium.

6a) Let it be said again: Corrigan outcoached both Tiffany and Danowski this weekend. From game management to substitutions to playcalling to well, you name it. And just for fun: Did you know Tiffany and Corrigan have the same number of ACC titles?

7) The play out of the time out to run Taylor open was tremendous. I'm still a little surprised that Danowski didn't double the in bounds pass with the keeper, but it worked. Kind of damned if you do, damned if you don't I guess. As long as Taylor caught the pass, he was going to score.

8) I don't know if Pat is going to win the Tewaaraton, but I know O'Neill should not after his two performances against us.

9) Just watch this shot again

10) Sneaking a glance to next year-- PKav, Liam, Taylor, Gray, Harris and Napolitano should all have another year if I'm reading the roster right and they want it. Pat has posted on line that he is coming back. If Entenmann comes back, he'll likely wind up ND's career leader in saves, which is pretty damn impressive consider the people that have played the position here over the years.

11) Pat will leave as ND's best player ever, all due respect to Randy Colley, Matt Kavanagh, Mike Iorio, John Kemp and Kevin Randall. Barring injury he'll break Colley's career points record, and he has an outside shot at 300 career points.

12) My wife asked me if I thought Corrigan would retire now. I don't think so. Maybe after next year, when a lot of the above guys (and Dobson) graduate. Maybe he'll consider 40 a nice round number. But not now. He should bask in this glow next season-- and the talent will be there to do it again.

13) Holy Shit. It happened.

Replies: