I think it's time -Name Change-How bout "Corrigan's Crew"?
by Domerduck (2023-05-31 10:45:30)

If Bobby Clark can get the NDNAtion soccer message board named after him with his 1 NC and 17 years at ND, I think Kevin certainly deserves it with his 35 years and his championship. Muffet McGraw had her board named for her after their 1st NC. It's been active board with lots of traffic especially when Skylar came on board through our 2018 and 19 Fab 5 NC team and now on to Niele's team.

I think its time for this board to get personal and tie it to our NC coach. We don't want him to retire but I think a name change from Arlotta Stadium to something like "Corrigan's Crew" or maybe another better suggestion would be a worthy acknowledgment.

Any thoughts, plus or minus? Other suggestions?

I'll disagree.
by Otter  (2023-05-31 15:32:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arlotta fits just fine. I am a huge Corrigan fan and hope he coaches another 5 years. I'd love if they named the field after him eventually. I just don't see the point of renaming our little board here. It's self important.

Also a nod to his Dad (Gene) who was ND AD from '81-'87
by NDoggie78  (2023-05-31 15:10:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Guess who hired Lou Holtz and Muffett McGraw - that alone should get something at ND with the "Corrigan" name

let's not forget
by melanzana  (2023-05-31 16:03:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Gene Corrigan kept Notre Dame out of the Big East in the 1980s because it was the dominant men's basketball conference of the era, and adding Notre Dame would have made it even moreso.

Corrigan was an ACC man and maybe knew he was always going back there. He wasn't about to strengthen the Big East any further.

Yes, he was a fine AD, but let's hold off on the hagiography. His action here resulted in a lost decade-plus for Notre Dame men's basketball and delayed women's basketball ascent.

It must be noted that the Big East eventually fell apart,
by G.K.Chesterton  (2023-05-31 17:39:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did Notre Dame pay an exit fee to leave the Big East and, if so, how much?

That likely would have been a different outcome had two
by tf86  (2023-06-01 08:47:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Things gone differently:

1. The Big East had admitted Penn State when they had the chance (which precipitated Mike Tranghese's "We will rue the day" comment)

2. ND had joined for basketball and olympic sports earlier.

Had Penn State been admitted, I believe the Big East would have added football by the mid-80's at the latest. More importantly, a Big East with Penn State would have been several orders of magnitude better than a pre-Florida State ACC as a football conference. And ND would have only sweetened the deal.

Corrigan's Crosse? *
by Dr Muppet  (2023-05-31 11:48:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Corrigan's Cage? *
by 105Marquette  (2023-05-31 13:43:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Corrigan's Crease. Or, Corrigan's Berm *
by dillon77  (2023-05-31 13:59:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post