How Close Is Close? Also, Depends on Situation
by dillon77 (2023-05-31 10:52:59)

In reply to: Will assistant coaches be more apt to stay at ND  posted by jbrown_9999

Many of us have wondered/pondered how long Coach Corrigan would hang in if he won the elusive title. Now that box is checked, but he -- understandably -- looked pretty darn content with things as he got ready to fly out to the summer tour of Germany.

I think adding in an offensive coordinator, ceding director of recruiting duties to Ryan Wellner and having Ryder Garnsey as a volunteer assistant offensive coach helps a bunch, allowing Corrigan to do what he does best.

That said, how much longer.

- Chris Wojcik was a head coach for 9 years at Harvard, his alma mater.
What's lesser for him. I'm sure he'd entertain offers from other Ivies, or top-level schools.

And if Wojcik goes, would there be a mutual interest in moving Garnsey up to full-time assistant?

- Wellner was associate head coach at Navy for three years before coming here and keeping the defense right and tight and doing the lion's share of recruiting. But he's never been a HC and might take a HC at, say, a Patriot League school.

All that said, I haven't seen a whole lot of openings, save for the longtime Denver assistant moving up to take Tierney's spot.

Replies: