Fair Enough, But It's an Ivy Program....
by dillon77 (2023-06-05 16:44:55)

In reply to: Dartmouth has always seemed like a tough place to win to me  posted by FL_Irish

...and there's not going to be a lot of openings there with Princeton, Yale, Cornell and Penn all playing top-notch ball and Harvard & Brown not far behind.

Like I said, they went 6-6 this year and are returning some top-notch underclassmen.

Now, the key to me is: does Dartmouth have the will and funds to put into athletics like its southern neighbors do? Outside of skiing and soccer (both Bobby Clark and Chad Riley coached there on the guys side, as did Teresa Romagnolo before coming to ND), they haven't been at the top of ranks in most sports.

But Lax could be an exception, given their proximity to all so many prep schools.

BTW, while Dartmouth isn't the big three of Harvard, Yale or Princeton, it's still a pretty darn good university, as I'm sure you know. Wharton is a great part of Penn, but the +1 there is the MBA, so most undergrads aren't being drawn there for that. (BTW, Tuck is a darn good MBA at Dartmouth).

Still, I'm making this suggestion for Wojcik, given his familiarity with both the league and the northeast. It could be a differentiator for him.

(BTW, full admission which doesn't cloud my opinion: my older brother went to Dartmouth -- think he would've liked Yale more -- and many soccer players from the Youth club I worked on ended up playing for the Big Green.)

Replies: