Nobody scares me and yet everybody scares me.
by RagingBull (2024-05-06 08:28:51)
Edited on 2024-05-06 08:31:10

In reply to: Men are No. 1, potential revenge match w/ Gtown in quarters *  posted by flanner96

There is no team out there that presents a match-up challenge. Because of the transfer rules, the extra COVID year, and a coach who is still relatively young despite coaching for 36 years, this is one of the most complete college lacrosse teams in memory. It's up there with '90 Syracuse and the Princeton teams from '96-'98. Top to bottom. No flaws. Heck, you have a guy who started at QB for Alabama as your 3rd line SSM.

But, yet, there's so much talent out there - and a hot goalie - can get in the way. We almost lost to Cornell, which was a solid team but who did not make the Tourney because of so many AQs. Nobody knows this better than Corrigan.

As far as the bracket and teams ND wants to see again, I don't think there's anything to prove against G'town. Three wins against UVA and Duke is tough. I think the team Corrigan wants to see is Denver. Tierney is no longer there but I think that's the team Corrigan would hang 30 on if he could.

Replies: