A final thought on the Tewaaraton race
by flanner96 (2024-05-29 12:05:57)

I will be ecstatic if Liam or Pat wins it. Either will deserve it.

I can understand Brandau winning it for the sheer volume he put up. And Shellenberger winning as a career achievement award would be at least...understandable.

However, if Brennan O'Neill wins this award again, we need to consider letting a badger loose in the house of everyone who voted for him.

I will go ballistic if Brandau wins it.
by Otter  (2024-05-29 17:31:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I am a kindred spirit with you on this board, but the award cannot go to a guy who didn't make the postseason.

I honestly think it should go to Liam, but PKav is likely to win it on a lifetime achievement award. I think PKav would be the most prolific player to not win it if he doesn't. With 2 National Championships too.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Kav and Liam split it.
by akaRonMexico  (2024-05-29 15:48:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They did it for the Thompson brothers, so it isn't without precedent. If they do it in a closed room they can talk it through and agree to it. It isn't like the Heisman where ballots are mailed in from all over.

Here's the committee:
Men’s Committee

Jack Emmer, Chair
Bill Tierney, Vice Chair
Joe Alberici, United States Military Academy
Tim Boyle, Wingate University
Connor Buczek, Cornell University
Kevin Corrigan, University of Notre Dame
John Galloway, Jacksonville University
Steve Koudelka, Lynchburg College
Ryan Moran, UMBC
Mike Murphy, University of Pennsylvania
Shawn Nadalen -Towson University
Dan Sheehan, LeMoyne College
Jeff Tambroni, Penn State University
Bill Tierney, University of Denver
Lars Tiffany, University of Virginia
John Tillman, University of Maryland
Charley Toomey, Loyola University
Keegan Wilkinson, Marist College
Taylor Wray, St. Joseph’s University

That's Pretty Much What Jake Taylor's Wishing For, As Well
by dillon77  (2024-05-29 17:53:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...as he said on the IL post-game podcast.

I don't know how/what the voting procedure is, but if it comes down to massive discussion and Liam/Pat are still in the picture, that could be plausible.

Go Irish!!

I did not know that.
by flanner96  (2024-05-29 16:57:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought media people had a vote. I stand corrected.

And, at least that means we don't have to procure as many badgers.

I think it should be Entenmann. Plus he has his “heisman
by Fightorflight  (2024-05-29 15:31:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

moment” with that incredible leaping save.

Which one. He honestly had several
by Radi-skull  (2024-05-29 16:03:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But i assume you mean this one