According to NDLacrosse’s Instagram, ND is the only team…
by revressbo (2024-05-29 22:50:52)

Since the NCAA began recordkeeping in 1996 to finish the season #1 in the country in both scoring offense and scoring defense.

Won by an average of 7+ points
by Radi-skull  (2024-06-01 22:02:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure if its a record but if is damn good.

Edit: meant to be a reply to SEE

I haven't run the numbers...
by flanner96  (2024-06-03 09:55:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...but I bet one of the SU teams of 88-90 hold the record for victory margin. I don't think the NCAA was officially keeping the team scoring offense and defense stats in those days though, for whatever reason.

'06 UVA won by an average of 8.2 gpg.
by tdiddy07  (2024-06-03 09:22:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

17-0, 269 goals for, 129 goals against. In the regular season, they had one 7-6 win over Princeton. Otherwise, their only regular game decided by 5 goals or fewer was a 20-15 win over Syracuse. Not sure if there were others in recent memory before that were more dominant, but they stand out as a benchmark. The scored 20+ 5 times that year.

ND, after squeaking into the last spot of the playoffs after a four-year playoff drought, held them to a 14-10 win before they won by 12, 7, and 8 to end the playoffs. I was covering ND's lacrosse team for the Observer at the time, so I was tracking UVA's dominance.

ND didn't really get rolling til later in the year before having a similar playoff run. Now, UVA's regular season schedule may not have been as tough as ND's.

One would assume point spread? *
by SEE  (2024-06-01 21:26:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Separate categories I’d say
by IrishinSF  (2024-06-02 19:10:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not quite sure what you’re getting at by reference to point spread, but having the #1 ranked offense and leading in point spread wouldn’t necessarily make your defense #1, and the same if they were reversed.

Margin of Victory (sorry) *
by SEE  (2024-06-05 09:22:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post