Make your own syrup.
by Jurassic (2023-03-26 08:33:09)
Edited on 2023-03-26 08:38:50

In reply to: Folllow up Old Fashioned question  posted by SkullND88

3 parts sugar, 1 part water. Don't be cheap with cherries. Luxardo is best. Fee Brothers make a variety of bitters, if you want to change it up, otherwise Angostura bitters. I've found the mixes don't quite have the proper ratios and have an off putting taste. I'd also suggest a cocktail smoker, they're great to change up the flavor a bit.

Yes! There are lots of recipes online. It’s as easy…
by Giggity_Giggity  (2023-03-26 18:35:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

…as boiling a cup of water.

I like to pour mine in a shallow foil tray and smoke it for 2-4 hours to make smoky simple syrup.

You can literally make it in a blender
by fontoknow  (2023-03-27 09:30:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No need for advanced cooking techniques like boiling water.

Well, I do like the sterilization aspect so that it...
by Giggity_Giggity  (2023-03-27 10:27:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

potentially lasts longer in the fridge.

I suspect that that is over-stated *
by fontoknow  (2023-03-27 12:17:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post