tough trying to get a baseball season in
by jt (2024-04-18 12:38:40)

In reply to: Springtime in the Rockies  posted by BeijingIrish

a couple of those high schools up in your neck of the woods are pretty good; Fossil Ridge is in position for the 1 seed, and Rocky and Ft Collins are pretty good as well.

We're on a hold right now to see if we can get the game in today; not currently raining and the field is turf, so we'll see.

I watch FR play all the time.
by BeijingIrish  (2024-04-18 13:14:45)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Their fields are on my dog-walk route. What a mystery Fossil is. Great in basketball every year, always pretty good in baseball, top-notch tennis and swimming teams. But they have never had a good football program.

my son knows quite a few players on their team
by jt  (2024-04-18 13:48:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

they've played some summer games together; good kids. One of their kids is very bright and is committed to play at Harvard and is trying to get my son to consider it as well.

I believe that they had a good football team a few years ago; their qb is playing in college now up at Lindenwood with some other CO kids I know. Really nice family. I think a TE or a WR is up there with him as well.