Financial/Retirement Planning SW for Individuals
by btownirish (2024-04-23 21:53:43)

Any recommendations? I'm thinking of taking this back over from our current financial planner. Thanks.

r/wallstreetbets
by ocnd  (2024-04-24 22:09:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To the moon, baby!

What are you trying to get out of it?
by Dutch  (2024-04-24 12:41:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What does your current financial planner do that you find valuable, and why do you want to make a change.

I ask all of this as honest questions. Personally, I've never felt the need for a financial planner or similar software.

Also plenty of free calculators that are helpful
by Jukebug  (2024-04-24 09:05:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If you want to go more the DIY route after getting a plan from an advisor, links like the one below are pretty detailed.

PlanVision is highly recommended on Reddit financial forums
by Jukebug  (2024-04-24 09:01:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They currently have a waitlist, but appear similar to New Retirement with all the calculators and scenario analysis. They charge $300 for first year and $100/year after that.

New Retirement is pretty solid for $120/yr
by LastDon  (2024-04-23 22:10:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The obvious caveats will be whatever expertise your planner or other planners may bring to the table, but for access to calculations and simulating various scenarios, it's not a bad deal.

Seconded. It's very good. *
by HoosierDomer  (2024-04-24 08:24:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post