My answer to your last question
by tsl4264 (2018-02-14 20:32:37)

In reply to: Not sure the answers to your questions.  posted by LondonDomer

I own two semi-automatic weapons. One's a Remington 11-87 semi-automatic shotgun. I use it to shoot skeet, trap and sporting clays. I also use it occasionally to go dove hunting. The weapon is also suitable for other forms of bird hunting. It has a maximum load capacity of 5 shells, including one in the chamber. I also own a M1911A1 .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol that was my father's that he used in competitions when he was on the Army pistol team in the 1950s. I typically use that semi-automatic pistol with my son for target shooting about once a year.

Do I NEED my semi-automatic shotgun? Absolutely. I'm not fast enough with a pump shotgun to do well in any of the shooting activities where I use my shotgun.

Do I NEED my semi-automatic pistol? Yes, if I want to participate in a rapid-fire pistol competition. More imporantly, my .45 semi-automatic pistol is a very tangible connection between my father, me and my son, who will eventually get the pistol. I need that ongoing connection with my father, who is now deceased.

Replies: